Guide to key sources for research in Religion
- Encyclopaedia of Islam 3rd ed. - "includes comprehensive coverage of Islam in the twentieth century and of Muslim minorities all over the world."
- Encyclopedia of Islam and the Muslim World - " This encyclopedia looks at Islam's role in the modern world, doing so in context of the religion's history and development over the last 13 centuries. Contains thematic articles, biographies of key figures, definitions, illustrations, maps and more."
- Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East and North Africa - "With nearly 600 new entries and 1,000 updates, this second edition reflects the far-reaching changes the Middle East has undergone in recent years, making it more relevant and necessary than ever before. Covers the modern history of the Middle East and North Africa, with major sections on Colonialism and Imperialism, the World Wars, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the United Nations' involvement in the region. Each country in the region is reviewed, detailing its population, economy, and government."
- Encyclopedia of Women and Islamic Cultures
- The New Encyclopedia of Islam
Call Number: BP 40 .G42 2013 | Location
- Oxford Dictionary of Islam
- Oxford Encyclopedia of the Islamic World (6 vols)
Call Number: DS 35.53 .094 2009 | Location
Find Books on Islam in the Modern World
The Library Search Box searches both the library catalogue as well as additional resources indexing books and journal articles held at the U of C or that the U of C is licensed to provide electronic access to.
Other resources include:
ebrary - thousands of digital books including many on Islam
Primary Sources - Islam and the Modern World
- Last Updated: Jan 16, 2018 3:02 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/religion
- Print Page