High Density Library
The following policies apply to regular library materials that do not require staff supervision:
Retrieval of Material from the HDL:
- Any user of the University of Calgary libraries in good standing may request material from the HDL.
- Requests are submitted online using a valid University of Calgary library card.
- Library users without library cards and TAL (The Alberta Library) card holders may request material using the: HDL Standard request form
- Books and journal volumes are delivered from the HDL to the Taylor Family Digital Library (TFDL) and Health Sciences Library twice daily from Monday – Friday.
- Library users are notified by e-mail when requests are available for pick-up.
- Items requested online will be available for pickup at Taylor Family Digital Library (TFDL) or Health Sciences Library within 1 business day.
- Regular borrowing privileges, including renewal, apply to all HDL material.
- Journal volumes held at the HDL may be borrowed for a 3-day period.
- Users may request multiple volumes of journals or large sets by special arrangement. Such requests are submitted by e-mail using the Contact form which is directed to the Director of Access Services. Additional delivery time must be allowed for large requests and could take up to 2 busines days. Volumes may be viewed in the Alan MacDonald Reading Room on the 5th floor of the Taylor Family Digital Library (TFDL). Volumes may be borrowed for a 3-day loan period per regular borrowing policies.
- Items borrowed from the HDL may be returned at any University of Calgary Library.
Public Access to the HDL Reading Room:
- The HDL Reading Room is open to the University of Calgary community for consultation and research with material that is housed in the HDL.
- While access to the main storage area in the HDL will be limited to staff, members of the University of Calgary community will be welcome to visit the Reading Room without appointment during open hours.
- Food and drink will not be permitted in the reading room.
- Last Updated: Jan 8, 2018 10:06 AM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/hdl
- Print Page