BUSN - Real Estate
Provides links to databases, associations, research on the open web, statistics and more for both residential and commercial real estate.
Residential Real Estate
- Includes monthly and quarterly updates and statistics
- Find information on Canada's residential construction industry.
- "Publications & Reports" section provides housing market information, research reports and more.
- "Forecasts and analysis" section includes housing market outlook for Canada and major centres, rental market reports, renovations and home purchase reports
- "Statistics and Data" section provides current and historical housing market information — starts, rents, availability and vacancy rates, and more.
- Includes housing outlook and economic and labour market analysis
Conference Board of Canada (E-Brary) (U of C authentication is required off-campus)
- National, provincial and metropolitan economic trend information and analysis; including real estate.
- Browse by Topic and then select Canadian, Provincial or Metropolitan (Economic Trends), input search term ~ real estate.
- Also look at "Canada’s Residential Construction Industry: Industrial Outlook" - published twice per year
- Input ~housing statistics 20XX ~ for residential growth projections, housing construction levels, housing demand, etc.
- Metropolitan housing outlook, metropolitan condo outlook and more
- Includes the Survey of Canadian House Prices, Recreational Property Report and Condo Report.
- Forecasts & Special Reports includes analysis of national and provincial trends in housing affordability and developments in major metropolitan housing markets.
- % households: type of dwelling, repairs needed, owned/rented, with/without mortgage, period of construction, number of rooms, bathrooms, principal heating equipment, principal heating fuel
- Includes Canadian and U.S. housing starts, sales and market outlook, as well as economic analyses.
American Housing Survey - Department of Housing and Urban Development (Open Access)
- The survey is the most comprehensive national housing survey in the United States.Includes: size, vacancies, fuel usage, physical condition of housing units, characteristics of occupants, equipment breakdowns, home improvements, mortgages and other housing costs, persons eligible for and beneficiaries of assisted housing and home values.
- Provides research, analysis and statistics, including the House Price Index for the U.S.
- Research includes The State of the Nation's Housing, which summarizes key trends annually, and the Remodeling Futures Program which explores home improvement activity in the United States.
- Reports include global market perspectives, global city indexes, benchmarks and comparative rankings.
- International residential and commercial research.
- Includes outlooks, statistics, etc.
- Provides measures for the US residential housing market, tracking changes in the value of residential real estate both nationally as well as in 20 metropolitan regions.
- Includes US and Canadian housing starts, sales and market outlook, as well as economic analyses.
- Last Updated: Dec 11, 2018 4:26 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/real_estate
- Print Page