Resources and information about data visualization at the University of Calgary and beyond.
Data Visualization Researchers
The following are a variety of researchers and research groups that work on data visualization at the University of Calgary. If you or your group is not listed, please contact email@example.com.
- Canadian Energy Systems Analysis Research (CESAR) provides a visualization portal on Canada's Energy Systems.
- The severan research groups associated with the Centre for Molecular Simulation apply a variety of molecular visualizations and other scientific visualization techniques in their research on molecular simulation.
- Computer Science
- The Biological Modeling and Visualization Research Group studies the modeling, simulation, and visualization of plants.
- The Data Experience Lab explores new visual tools, interactions, and experiences that allow analysts, enthusiasts, and communities to visualize, share, and live with data.
- Graphics, Interaction, and Visualization Group (GIV) pursues research related to graphics, interaction and visualization.
- Illustrares is an Interactive Modeling, Visualization and Visual Analytics research group
- InnoVis is an information visualization and HCI research group.
- The Interactions Lab conducts research in the areas of Human-Computer Interaction and Information Visualization
- The SPARCS Laboratory for Spatial Analysis Research.
- Visualization and Graphics Group focuses on addressing fundamental issues in Scientific Visualization and Computer Graphics.
- Virtual Touch and Visualization Tools for Surgery and Medicine
- Cumming School of Medicine
- The Centre for Health Informatics came into existence in 2018 to advance and innovate health informatics for Precision Health through timely data access, data analytics such as visualization, linkage and coding, and leading research using secondary data for research trials, and clinical decision support.
- Dan Jacobson employs data visualization and mapping in developing multi-sensory access to GIS based systems to facilitate ease of access for novel users, for non-visual users and to extended opportunities for advanced users to collect, mine, validate and explore digital representations of geographic space.
- Geoffrey Hay's research and offshoot company MyHeat.Inc employs heatmaps visualizations to provide people tools to asses their home's heating efficiency and solar rooftop potential.
- Physics and Astronomy
- Schulich School of Engineering
- The Collaboration Centre encourages collaboration and cooperation between many different domains, including but not limited to Petroleum Engineering, Science, Medicine, Art, and Education.
- The Trifkovic Research Group apply scientific visualization techniques in their research on the design and characterization of novel materials with applications in the energy sector.
More Campus Data Visualization Expertise
- Information Technology
- Business Intelligence and Analytics Services creates of variety of reports of visualizations to help the information and decision support needs of the institution.
- Research Computing Services's Dmitri Rozmanov has expertise in scientific visualization, data science, and high-performance computing.
- Westgrid's Visualization Resources
- Compute Canada's Visualization Resources
- Last Updated: Oct 13, 2020 3:25 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/vis
- Print Page