What is data management?
Proper data management will save you time and headaches at all stages of the research process. We can help with you creating a data management plan, providing best practices data management advice, making your datasets discoverable in data repositories, as well as with documentation and metadata standards.
What does data management include?
- Designating responsibilities of all parties involved in performing the research.
- Determining how data will be securely stored and backed up.
- Utilizing file formats that allow for data re-use, sharing, and long-term access.
- Creating documentation and standardized metadata to ensure collaborators and potentially other scholars can make use of your data.
- Identifying how (or if) your data may be shared for verification, re-use, or other purposes.
- Ensuring that any shared data does not reveal confidential information.
Where is it located?
Lab NEXT located on the third floor TFDL