Continuing Education students enrolled in courses that are 10 instructional hours or longer have complete access to online journals and e-books through the University of Calgary Library. For Continuing Education students, library access is available 30 days before your course starts and 30 days after it ends. For Continuing Education instructors, library access is available 60 days before your course starts and 60 days after it ends.
Continuing Education students and instructors have two options they can follow to access various digital library resources:
OPTION 1: Log in to access digital library resources
- Go to the library home page. Enter your search terms in the 'Search Library Resources' search box.
- Please ignore the 'Sign In' prompts on the library website. The 'My Account' and 'Sign In' links do not work using these instructions.
- From the list of search results, click on the specific resource you wish to access. Choose one of the full text links from the 'View It' section (see screenshot below).
- Note: You will only be able to access digital resources. Selecting printed materials will not trigger the login procedure.
- A login screen will appear (see screenshot below). Choose the option for 'ContEd Students', and enter the 8-digit Destiny One ID and password assigned to you by Continuing Education.
- Passwords containing the '+', '&', and '$' characters will not work for library login. Please login to your account to change your password.
IMPORTANT: Destiny One updates occur daily from 1:00 to 1:45 pm (MT). Access to the Library is not possible during this time.
OPTION 2: Log in to your library account using a UNICARD
- To borrow books, use printers at the library, or to check the status of your library account, you will need a UNICARD. Instructions for acquiring a UNICARD can be found here.
- If you have a UNICARD, click the 'My Account' link on the library home page.
- Choose the 'Other' option, and enter the barcode located the back of your UNICARD, and your Destiny One password (see screenshot below).
- Last Updated: May 15, 2019 10:40 AM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/continuing_education
- Print Page