TFDL Makerspace Training
Welcome to the TFDL Makerspace Online Training!
The TFDL Makerspace provides hands on access to technologies for DIY making and collaboration. We have various kinds of equipment ranging from 3D printers to embroidery machines. Access to the Makerspace requires completion of the Safety Orientation.
There is an online training module for each equipment available in the Makerspace. Each module consists of:
- An overview of the technology including history and applications
- Learning how to setup the equipment
- An introduction to the software used for certain equipment
- Learning how to troubleshoot common problems
Navigating the Modules
Each module contains easy-to-follow presentations with interactive elements. Written text is provided as well as audio narration.
To navigate through the modules simply click the left and right arrows
To repeat the narration, click the circular arrow
To access the collapsible menu, click on the three lines
We will also be issuing digital badges to individuals who have demonstrated proficient level of expertise. They are a way to provide a visual record of achievement and can be uploaded to sites such as LinkedIn. For more information please visit the UCalgary Badges website.
If you are interested in earning a badge, you must:
- Complete a short quiz testing basic understanding of the content learned in the modules and earn a minimum grade of 75%
- Create a project using the skills you have learned and upload file(s) to the quiz website for review by our staff
- Last Updated: Sep 13, 2018 6:02 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/makerspace_training
- Print Page