TFDL Makerspace Training
Online training for TFDL makerspace equipment
Cricut Explore Air
WHAT IS IT?
- The Cricut Explore Air is an electronic cutting machine for DIY projects and crafts.
- Is able to precisely cut, write, and score 100+ different materials such as paper, iron-on, adhesive vinyl, leather and burlap.
- Includes an online Design Space that is free, easy to learn, and cloud based.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH IT?
- Create your own home decor projects.
- Create and design holiday cards, gift tags, etc.
- Create and design your own stickers.
- Free projects and images are available online.
- Cutting range using mats: from 0.25" to 23.5"
- Maximum materials thickness: up to 1mm for most materials, up to 2mm for less dense materials.
- Image upload format: .jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif, .svg, .dxf files
- Speed setting automatically adjusts to image.
- Able to access your projects from any computer.
How to use it?
- Go to Cricut website https://home.cricut.com/, click on Design at the top right corner.
- Login or create a new account with Cricut using your email address. This will bring you to the Home screen.
- From the Home screen, under My Project, you can get quick access to your latest projects. You can also browse featured projects from a variety of categories from this page.
- From the Home screen, select any project to learn more about it or start a project from scratch by selecting New Project.
- Starting a new project brings you to the Canvas, where you can lay out and edit your designs.
- The Edit bar on the Canvas located on the top part of the page contains the most useful tools for editing images and text.
- Click on Projects (left side of Canvas) to access project library and browse ready-to-make projects.
- You can also Upload (left side of Canvas) image files.
- At the right side of the Canvas, you can modify the layer properties for each layer of your design.
- Click Make It on the Canvas when you're ready to create your project.
CRICUT EXPLORE AIR SETUP
- Turn on the machine by pressing the button at the top right corner.
- For the Custom Personnalisable, based on the material that you are going to use, choose a material category.
- Take a green pad, remove the plastic cover, then place the top left corner of the paper right onto the top left corner of the grid.
- Open the machine by pressing the button on the left side.
- Place the pad in the center, then press the up-down arrow button to load the pad. Give it a little push on the pad to help loading.
- Once the pad is properly loaded and you are ready to make your project, press the "C" button to start cutting.
- When the project is finished, press the up-down arrow button to unload the pad.
- Last Updated: May 7, 2019 10:09 AM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/makerspace_training
- Print Page