How to use the Reading List Tool (Leganto)
This guide gives you step-by-step instructions in setting up your reading lists in the Reading List Tool through D2L.
|WHAT IS THE READING LIST TOOL?|
The Resource List Tool provides online reading lists for students and helps course instructors to easily create and manage reading lists for their students.
- The Resource List Tool provides online reading lists using the reading list system Leganto
- Any resource with a web address can be added to a list, including books, eBooks, journal articles, websites, videos and podcasts, etc.
- Resource Lists can be accessed via a course in D2L
- Items on a list can be filtered by resource type or priority
- Lists can be exported to word or PDF documents in a variety of citation styles
- Statistics can be accessed for example on how many students accessed the reading list resources, etc.
- create dynamic lists of relevant, up-to-date materials gathered from a range of sources including the Library collection, internet and multimedia resources
- easily manage and update course resources
- link course resource lists in D2L
- use the Resource List Tool to automatically request copyright assessments.
- easily access lists for all of their courses in one place
- access key resources more easily: more time is spent reading resources on a list than searching for them.
- engage with the resources, comment on readings, make recommendations
- quickly see which items are 'essential' readings to prioritize and to better managing time.
- the Resource List tool helps us make better informed purchasing choices, based on information gathered via the service.
- especially since COVID-19, essential readings should be available to students online.
- Last Updated: Mar 26, 2021 1:30 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/readinglisttool
- Print Page