A 34.5-million, touch-enabled, high resolution display wall designed to provide researchers with significant visual real estate for working with digital information.Request a consultation
Who can access the Visualization Studio?
The Visualization Studio is designed for use by faculty, graduate students and other collaborators. University of Calgary faculty may book the Visualization Studio for up to seven consecutive days.
- Display wall measuring 4.88 metres by 1.85 metres (195 inches by 73 inches) with a resolution of 9600x3600 (34.5 million) pixels
- The display is rear-projected; a composite 5x3 arrangement of 15 projectors
- Almost invisible seams of less than 2 millimetres between projector screens
- Display is supported by a Boxx APEXX T4L server featuring an AMD Ryzen Threadripper Pro 3955WX (3.9GHz) and 128GB RAM with graphics support from four NVIDIA RTX A4000 GPUs. The server runs Windows 10 and supports Linux via Windows Subsystem for Linux.
- High-quality 7.1 Dolby surround sound
Where is it located?
The Visualization Studio is on the fourth floor of the TFDL.
Our team members.
Check current studio availability and book your timeBook
Enroll in workshops to learn about various topicsRegister