Libraries & Cultural Resources COVID-19 Update
Subject librarians with expertise in specific areas are available for remote consultations via email or online (e.g. Zoom).
Online Materials and Tools
We have a multitude of electronic resources available for you to use if you can’t make it to campus to pick up physical items.
- HathiTrust Digital Library Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS)
Provides access to 1.2 million digitized titles.
- Search Library Resources
Use filters on the left hand side of the screen to focus on ebooks and other online resources.
- Articles and Research Databases
We have hundreds of resources that provide access to online articles, video and more.
- Off-Campus Access
If you are not on campus, use the CAS Login to access our resources.
Contactless Book Pickup
University of Calgary students, faculty and staff are now able to request books from our physical library collections (TFDL, HDL and branch libraries) for pickup at the TFDL. Requested items will be picked for contactless pickup at the TFDL Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
- Place requests on the physical items you want. You can have up to 10 requests on your account at any one time.
- You will receive an email notification when your items are ready for pickup. Do not come to the Library until you have received a notification. You have seven (7) days to pickup up your materials.
- All items are subject to recall. If someone else requests an item you have, you will be asked to return it. Overdue fines will accrue beginning August 31 if recalled materials are not returned.
- Please return all materials to the Book Return bin at the East Exit of the TFDL.
This service is available for current University of Calgary students, faculty and staff only. We will continue to deliver online digital content to you. We will not be requesting or delivering physical items or scanned copies for you.
Returning Library Materials
- You may return library materials to the exterior book drop of the Taylor Family Digital Library. The book drop is located on the east side of the building (across from the MacKimmie Complex). Walking access is available from the bus loop on the south side of Craigie Hall.
- Materials are quarantined for 72 hours before being processed.
- If you are unable to return items, please hang on to them until we return to normal operations or send an email to email@example.com outlining your challenge.
- At this time materials will not be recalled. If you had an item recalled prior to March 16, you may return it.
- Overdue fines on recalled materials will begin accruing beginning August 31, 2020.
- Last Updated: Aug 11, 2020 12:23 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/covid-19
- Print Page